Recipe: Coffee Banana Fritters
Our most 'apeeling' recipe yet.
- 1 tablespoon finely ground Starbucks® coffee powder. (We used Espresso Roast - you can request to have it ground in-store)
- 3/4 cupcold water
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Cooking Oil (for deep frying)
- Add self-raising flour, corn flour, rice flour and baking powder to a bowl.
- Whisk the mixture and slowly add water to the mix.
- Slice and peel your bananas (make sure they're of equal sizes so they take the same amount of time to cook).
- Dip bananas in batter, coating them completely.
- Heat oil until it's between 180 - 190°C.
- Add the bananas to the hot oil. (Add 3 - 4 at one time to prevent overcrowding)
- Cook until they're golden brown.
- Scoop them out, place them on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
- Drizzle with honey or maple syrup.
Find out more about our At Home Coffee and Teas available in stores here.